The roots of the University of Wolverhampton lie in the
19th century growth of Mechanics Institutes, providing vocational
and general education for working men.
In Wolverhampton the Free Library (1870) developed technical,
scientific, commercial and general classes, while a School of Art,
established in 1851, had been developed into the Municipal School
for Art in new buildings by 1885. By 1903, we had courses in coach
building, house painting and pattern making.
By 1905 ‘student scholarships’ were being offered to ‘prized’
With a over 180 years of pioneering education for all, the
University is now a global provider of entrepreneurial
University of Wolverhampton, Wulfruna Street, Wolverhampton, WV1 1LY
Course enquiries: 0800 953 3222, General enquiries: 01902 321000 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Freedom of Information | Disclaimer and copyright | The University as a charity | Cookies Policy